Spring Administrative Updates Posted
As efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 continue, we want to thank your continued work to support children and families across the Commonwealth. While we are not able to meet in person at the Spring SWAN/IL Quarterly Meetings, the Administrative Updates that would have been distributed at the meetings have been posted here. Take a moment to catch up with news from DHS/OCYF, the prime contractor and the IL program.
DHS/OCYF reminds everyone that the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to COVID-19. Your chance of exposure can be reduced if you do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after being in a public place, or after blowing noses, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water is not readily available. People should cover all surfaces of hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Visit the PA Department of Health’s dedicated Coronavirus webpage for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Guidance to DHS providers related to COVID-19 is available here. Information and guidance as it relates to agriculture during COVID-19 mitigation, including food supplies and assistance, is available here.